- 6 tilapia filets
- corn tortillas
- shredded cabbage
- pico de gallo
- 1/8 salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Suggested Toppings: avocado slices, lime, cilantro dressing (I really like the one from Trader Joe’s)
Suggested Sides: rice (cilantro lime or traditional Mexican), fiesta corn, black beans
- Prep everything but the fish and tortillas as they are the least time consuming. Chop lettuce, make your pico, and cook your sides.
- Mix salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder in a bowl. Rub into both sides of tilapia.
- Grease a frying pan and brown the tilapia. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fish, but usually 2-5 minutes per side
- Using two forks, shred cooked tilapia
- Serve on heated tortillas, using toppings and suggestions stated above.